Now, you may be asking yourself, “why on Earth do I need to know this?” The truth is, you don’t. You could easily just close this and continue with your day. But the thing is, if you do extract your LinkedIn contact data, you’re able to have a greater understanding of your LinkedIn behaviour, thereby gaining extra knowledge to improve and develop your marketing strategies. So, all in all, it would be a good idea to keep reading…
It’s simple and takes 10 minutes (if that!) – Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have your LinkedIn data in no time at all:
- Click the ‘Me’ button. This is indicated with your image at the top right of your LinkedIn profile page.
- From the drop down menu, select ‘Settings and Privacy’.
- Select ‘Basics’ and then ‘Getting an archive of your data’.
- Choose the ‘fast file only’ option and then ‘request an archive’.
- Enter your password, then after around ten minutes you will receive an email informing you that your dataarchive is ready.
- The data can now be downloaded, allowing access to basic information about yourself and your connections, which you can now use for other purposes.
- If you want to export your whole archive, you should receive an email within 24 hours. The full archive includes everything that the ten minute download offers, plus your activity and account history.
- The feature is only available on computers, so don’t try and download all of the data to your phone – it simply won’t work!
- When downloading data, it should always (and we repeat, always) be on your personal computer. Never download personal data onto a public computer!
- The data that you receive will only be from the categories of information that apply to your LinkedIn
- If you plan on deleting your account, you will not have access to your LinkedIn
Please be aware that the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is replacing the current Data Protection Act on the 25th May 2018. This Regulation is intended to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union – The government has stated that the UK’s decision to leave the European Union will not affect the commencement of the GDPR. If you’d like more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, click the link.
We can do so much more than just handle your social media accounts. We can also send monthly reports, jam-packed with data from your website, social media account and Google AdWords campaigns. For more information on our reports and services, call 01473 407027, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.epmarketing.co.uk/services-2/.
The information contained in this article is of a general nature and specific advice should be sought for specific situations. We believe the information to be correct as at the time of publication, September 2017. While all possible care is taken in the preparation of this article, no responsibility for loss occasioned by any person acting or refraining from acting as a result of the material contained herein can be accepted by the company or the authors.